About NAMI LA
NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness. NAMI advocates for access to services, treatment, supports and research and is steadfast in its commitment to raising awareness and building a community of hope for all of those in need.
NAMI was founded in 1979 by 254 caring people and now has grown to more than 300,000 members in over 1,200 affiliate groups in all 50 States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico , the U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa and Guam. NAMI is getting stronger every day. In fact, Worth Magazine recently ranked NAMI in its “Top 100 charities most likely to change the world”.
The Los Angeles Public Library
West L.A. Regional Branch is offering the following at their site!
11360 Santa Monica Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90025
- “NAMI De FAMILIA-a-FAMILIA” / Tuesdays (Martes) February to April 2014 (4:30 PM to 7:30 PM) – Un curso GRATUITA y educativo que dura 12-semanas para familares quien hablan Español y tienen un ser querido dianosticado con un trastorno cerebral.
- A FREE, 12-week course to education Spanish-speaking families and close friends of individuals with brain disorders. Prior registration is required: contact Ms. MiriamNagashima at (323) 633-0332. ATTACHMENT: NAMI-De-F-a-F-02-04-14
- EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS AND FREE “GO-KITS”/ Tuesday, February 18, 2014 (12:30 PM to 2:00 PM) — Join gerontologist, Helen Davis from L.A. City Dept. as she gives caregivers of older adults and seniors an overview about the importance of prepare containing medications in case of sudden evacuation. Call library at (310) 575-8323 to R.S.V.P. so your FREE “GO-KIT Packet” can be reserved. ATTACHMENT: DOA-E-Prep-Go-Kit-02-18-2014
- NATIONAL ALLIANCE on MENTAL ILLNESS (NAMI) LECTURE / Tuesday, March 4, 2014 (12:30 PM to 2:00 PM) – Have you or a loved one been diagnoised with a mental illness? If so, please join us for this lecture given in the Persian (Farsi) language by licensed Family Therapist, Ms. Fariba Rabizadeh, and an advocate from NAMI (www.nami.org) to inform about access to support, treatment services, and other resources. ATTACHMENT: NAMI-03-04-14-Farsi
- SERVICE AREA ADVISORY COMMITTEE (SAAC) #5 MEETING/ Tuesday, March 25, 2014 (3:00 PM to 5:00 PM) – The Department of Mental Health (DMH), Service Area Advisory Committee (SAAC) meeting is made up of interested mental health service providers, consumers, and stakeholders who operate or reside within what’s considered the geographic service area #5 that includes West L.A., Brentwood, Culver City, Venice, Marina Del Rey, Mar Vista, Palms, and Santa Monica. ATTACHMENT For Flyer Pending
NEW ONGOING SUPPORT GROUP starting this Thursday, March 6, 2014
Family Share & Care: Support for family & friends of people with mental illness
Location: Westchester/Loyola Library 7114 W. Manchester Avenue (near Lincoln Bl.) Los Angeles 90045
Date/Time: Thursdays 6:30-8pm
Facilitator: Judy Nahman-Stouffer
Information: www.namila.org 310 889-7200